Sunday 28 March 2010

Forge World Open day pic's (lots of pic's big post!)

As your warning this is a big post, go for a wee now....


So thinking I'd be crippled after a day of airsoft I was surprised to find my legs were still functioning so I wandered over to Lenton for the forgeworld open day, and boy it was busy!

Loads of cool stuff however bad news if like me your waiting for them to show some love to Tzeentch or Slannesh its not going to be happening for a while!! i.e. the chap who runs the development team ( a nice American bloke) told me this but if your an ork player or a loyal marine player then your gonna love it! 

But before that...

My first squad of emperors children are done painted to the colour scheme that won the poll


































































I also did the usual test model for the firestorm armada fleet,










































So onto the forgeworld pics...



















This is a mock up of what they are looking at doing, and intrestingly enough with the titans the actually make them bigger than they should be to fit in with the vechicles as they are oversized (but we knew that anyway!)


















and the expression on Ross face was golden!



















And some up and coming raven guard stuff, great if your a loyalist scum lover ;)















But then again.... Pre-Heresy.... Ummm.....



















Some bloke with a jump pack




















Some cool looking bits for the stompa kit.....
















Now the lifta droppa on the left is for a battlewagon, Kult of speed anybody??




























Mega dread variants















Some Tau Battle suits that sent Spencer over the edge and he frothed about these for ages!!



































































Then I found some more orky stuff, this did make me smile....
















So now we can really play a scenrio called "Black 'ork Down" I might nickname this super six four.

 And now onto the tables....

A huge titan battle that was going to be played, A shag load of stompas on one side


















Verses a shag load of imperial on the other side!



















And they were nicely painted!!



















The "mastercard" moment!
















A siege of bla bla bla table,



















































The table was that big I had to use max zoom for some pic's and are a little whobbly...
















Still carn't decide if I like this, something missing for me...











































Putting is simply, yup I'll have it!





































An orky style table that took my eye....









































So over all the day was pretty good, some luck chap won a Reaver titan from the raffle with all the cash going to children in need, and some guys were dropping up to £20 on tickets!

A little dissapointed that the chaos is off the radar for the time being and the Orks (which do need it) are getting some nice treatment, but to do the Raven guard as well, I think the amount of marine players out there will get quite excited but for me I'm not...

Any comments welcome as always cheers,

6 comments:

  1. Great photos dude! I really like the photos of the ork stuff and the huge games. Seems like a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way your noise marines turned out ... but I almost forgot to write that, as I got carried away with how awesome the FW pics and the battle tables are! Nice report!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Noise Marines ... looks like you, Spense and Ross had a ridiculous time there... Reaver does look sweet-as though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it just me or does that thunderhammer look off like it is bent? I would assume you would want to display good looking models not one like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad you like the photo's chaps, it was a good day, quite funny to see ross slowly lose the will to live as his hangover kicked in!

    ReplyDelete