Tuesday 25 May 2010

Oblit's done and dusted,

Not much to show this week as I've been so busy! but had some bloody good fun though!

How ever I did manage to finish off the converted obliterators and have made a massive leap into the unknown with possessed a 10 man squad in slannesh colours, the armour is done nice and easy like the noise marines but just the deamonic bits to sort out, Now looking at a colour wheel, its telling me either yellow or green is the contrast so I'll be faffing about with that for most of this week.

The Pledge might have taken a beating this month as I picked up a load of chaos marines for next to nothing so I'm well in the red, and with the prices for GW products going up at the end of the month I'm thinking about get some bits and bobs but I'm sure I'll pull it back next month.

Right onto the pictures, the black was a nice challange for myself as I've not painted black for years and I did it with regal blue last time, this time I've gone down the codex grey route and its come out quite nice.





















































































































The tracked part came out better than I expected with the sand and hightlighted browns to give it a weathered look, so over all I'm quite pleased with these. I'm tempted to make another 6 of these and max out the heavy support choices but then I'm tempted by converting a baal predator, but only for the side sponson support that you get with that kit compared to the normal one where its weak at the joint.

Cheers Anton,

4 comments:

  1. They look great Anton, very squat and chunky.

    Using the Baal sounds good, the kit has some ace bits for making the Predator a lot more like a battle tank; the front plate and the sponsons especially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great fella. The conversion just 'fits'. Your Chaos Boys are looking awfully 'finished' aren't they.

    Good job there's Vrak's innit. Those chaos guardsmen sets are awesome... and just think about all the halftrak and biker 'rough rider' conversions... sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you like them guys, they were fun to convert and fairly easy to paint.

    The chaos are good as done, just a few bits and bobs and I'll be awaiting the new codex to see whats been jigged about.

    ReplyDelete