Wednesday 16 June 2010

Challange Ant..... Menoth - Done?

Alrighty so for some reason I wanted to get this Menoth monkey cranked out, was it the man points that I'd gain from the guys or the burning in my eyes everytime I looked at the model??

Ok so undercoated black as most or the model is non white and I don't have any white spray ;)

So I started with boltgun metal on the chainmail bits and banged some black ink on it



















Foundation red for the cloak bits
 

















Scab red over that and blood red to high light then red ink over that and then brassy brass on the bits that would become gold



















So then gold over the brass and gryphonne sepia was to put some depth onto the gold, then dheneb stone for the white undercoat and bleached bone got me to this point




















So the model was going fairly smoothly until I hit the white...

So the first coat,


















and then two more thin coats later, I decided enough was enough, I watered down some gryphonne sepia and put that on the edges of the armour,









































































So over all not too bad, the white is "ok" I'd maybe go with a more bleached bone look aka deathwing type white.

What do you think? how would you paint the above?

2 comments:

  1. Nice one Ant! Challenge well and truly finished!

    Personally I'm surprised you went for the more 'pure white' effect instead of the bone white (Deathwing) that you mentioned.

    I get the impression this particular way of painting wasn't in the typical Anton way...or as you say "bish, bash, bosh" ;)

    Before the challenge, myself and Stef were discussing how it could of been done, and he recommended spraying the model in Army Painter Bone, then washing down. I was thinking more like you and going with Dheneb Stone and highlighting up...hmmm.

    Impressed with what you've done mate!

    I noticed that the third stage pic looks very similar to how your skorne look lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went for the pure white as I've not painted that for ages, but if I was to redo it then I'd go for the more bleached bone and a little bit of white rather than daz white!

    it wasn't quite the bish bash bosh style that I'm used to where I had to take my time and concentrate on the thickness of the paint and all that!

    Yea stage 3 does look like the Skorne which is kinda cool!

    ReplyDelete