Tuesday 24 August 2010

More Skorne & something a little differant....

Alrighty!

So with my new found passion for Skorne the 35 point force is coming along nicely, this week I've managed to get the pain givers and the pain giver grand master flash turntable tormentor done as well , I slipped the second agoniser as well and I'm about half way though the warlock Rasheth aka FB.

The pictures are a little poor this week as one of my bulbs went and I've not had the chance to pick another one up yet, but one with the shots

so the grandmaster flash... 



































really enjoyed painting this model, nice and simple and the alternative colour scheme works really well on it,














basic pain giver unit, the red has come out a bit LOUD! but in real life they look pretty good to me!



































The second agoniser, Ross mentioned the other day how the first one looked "wrong" not in a painting sense but as in an abused why, well that's mission accomplished! ;)














so this is whats left....  the Cyclops's are my original test models ;)

I'm waiting on the Crocmen to turn up and once I've a few games under my belt then I'll increase to 50 points, but I'm really tempted by the immortals, the guardians and the new special guy though....

now the something different is to do with a game that Dave wants to play, he sent me a text a while back seeing if I'd fancy playing Dr Who, now I'll be honest I was a bit humm... "ok" at first but after a little thinking I thought bugger to it lets give it a crack.

Now it turns out that you can have UNIT which is basically normal military guys, I then remembered that I've some 28mm modern Russians kicking about along with BMP so after a bit of digging I found them and decided to crack on with what I've got,

Well it turns out I've more than I remember so Coops is bring some bases for me (metal 25mm penny washers) so that I can get the rest sorted,

























So these are from the assault group and are the MVD with aksu 74's but I'll just use them as an urban assault group, spetnaz or what ever they look cool and that's good enough for me,

Painting these guys was a step into the unknown as I've only done "real" stuff before in the form of flames of war and that was 15mm so pretty easy to get it looking nice, these being 28mm I just winged it really and I'm happy with the finished result,

now previously I've stated that I'm going to be cutting back on the systems that I play etc... well that's gone out the bloody window already!!

A new chap has come down the club asking for play testers for his home grown rules system, in 6mm! so epic scale now I've had a mooch about and the models are bloody cool! and yep I've claimed the Russians already!

so once I've got the shopping list from the rest of the guys it shouldn't be long before loads of little T90's are on the painting table!

No comments:

Post a Comment