Wednesday 4 August 2010

yeehaa.... Ride em cowboy!

Strange title??

I'll explain..

I saw the new deamonette seekers and loved em, superb models and all that jazz..

Now when I bugged Ross at the shop about who was going to build and paint them Jack's name came up.. now he's a nice lad but one of these guys that never really finishes something the classic "oh thats shiney, drops current project starts new one" gamer.

We've all been there at some point in our gaming lives so no worries, and he got as far as sticking the seekers together and they've been sitting on top of the display cabinet for the last week of so, until now!

yeehaaa!















so now I've these little monkeys in my grubby little hands they'll be done "shorty" I asked Ross when did he want them doing for, ASAP was the answer and Spencer mumbled they'll be done by the end of the night, well maybe if they were undercoated!

I've also decided to start work on my black templars, and figured I needed a test model to paint so it might as well be the special chappie high marshall as most of his armour is a bronze/gold looking scheme, and not that much black/white so should be easy to practice on.

Now I've taken two sets of pictures to convince a fellow gamer that basing your models makes a huge difference on the finished product.....

Without...























With!!



















So I know which one I prefer and maybe this is a unfair question as the model has gone from plan slotta base to nice shiney dragon forge resin base....



















Close up of the powersword,

Boltgun metal
Inked Blue
The lighting bits dome with skull white
Inked Blue again

I'm not 100% happy with this though, any suggestions on what I can do to improve this??

3 comments:

  1. Hey Ant. Awesome model-looks great with the base!

    The metal of the powersword looks a bit dull - perhaps highlight it up a level? Can't really tell from the pics but can you highlight the lightning effect just a little bit more? I know they are pretty fine as they are. And then maybe a very light blue wash to tie it all in together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. El Pollo Diablo5 August 2010 at 12:53

    It's a bit long winded but I think the effect is better and its similar to what I did with the patterns on my Alpha Legion power weapons; you trace out the pattern in the darkest colour, then you hilight the angles/tips of the pattern a lighter colour, then you hilight the very corners and tips of the pattern the lightest of all. I'll bring my aspiring champion down the club tonight so you can see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bah humbug ... bases smases. Yeah yeah I know ... its like framing the portrait yadda yadda yadda... Fancy basing my army for me?


    ...WORTH A TRY ;-)

    ReplyDelete