Monday 3 January 2011

Challange Ant - Grey Knight

So New year greetings and all that!

Spencer (being Spencer) decided to once more give a challenge Ant, this time it was to be a model from a army that I painted a long-long time ago when I worked at Games Workshop Leicester...

Grey Knights...

Now I did a termi squad as well as some storm troopers and I really liked the Termi's so much so they even made it into my old school guard army, but have now since gone the way of ebay a while back,

 So dead simple instructions from Spencer "paint it like you did" now it must be about 7 years since then so I dived in feet first!
 
Step 1 -

Undercoat Black



















Step 2 -

Drybrush Boltgun metal



















Step 3 - 

 Drybrush chainmail



















Step 4 -

Blue ink



















Step 6 -

Drybrush Mithril silver once the ink is dry, I left mine and monged in front of the box!



















Step 6 -

Start on the parchment using denab stone and then use skull white as a harsh highlight,
Do the red I started with red gore and then simply highlighted/blended with blood red




















Step 7 -

start on the metals,

Tin blitz for the shaft of the weapon and the ammo feed and barrels
Gold for the decorative bits


















Step 8 -

Brassy brass over the tin blitz and ass some chainmail as a high light,
also add some chainmail to the gold for a high light
then ink with gryphone septia (or what ever its bloody called)

And thats that! nice and simple all you need to do is base the model and jobs a good un!






















However Spencer didn't like the "blue" tinge of the armour and suggested that I take the sliver up a further level, so I broke out the mitheril silver and did a light dry brush trying to to overspill onto the detail that I'd done previously





















So off to a good start for the "pledge 2011" and comments and the like welcome as always,

Cheers

Ant,

3 comments:

  1. Awesomeness ... he looks newly polished. Smurfs are so dull though, innit? Can't wait for the Inquisitor/Gray Knight/Deamonhunters etc codex ... as I've got a merry band of OOP metal bounty hunters that would form an awesome and unique retinue, plus an Inquisitor always allows me to roll out the Alpha Legion/Genestealer Cult lists ... which are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. marines arn't that bad, they are quite good as anyone can paint them and with all the differant chapter colours they are like a blank canvas, I'm not overly fussed about the deamon hunters book, but if they are going to do plastic termi's I'll no doubt find a way to convert them into thousand son termi's ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I
    am so looking forward to the new witchhunters
    My sisters army may get somewhat bigger as the girlys are comeing out in plastic with all sorts of variant bits and pieces

    ReplyDelete