Wednesday 9 March 2011

Step by Step... Napoleonic Frence Line Infantry

With all the Frence line infantry that I've been pumping out recently I figured that I'd do a step by step if anyone fancied a quick and easy way to paint a mental amout of infantry in a short period of time

Step one..


















Build & Spray


Step two...


















Slap on the dheneb stone water it down though as its a foundation paint

Step three....


















Rough drybrush with white, I'm using a game colour white at the moment

Step four....


















Regal blue basecoat for the coat and highlight with ultramarine blue over that.

Step five...


















Scorched brown and graveyard earth for the pouches and rucksack

Step six...


















Kommando Kharki on the remainder of the pouches & rucksack, dwarf flesh on the skin with a bit of white in there for the highlight

Step seven....


















Vermin Brown on the rifle & shako cover

Step eight...


















Snakebite leather on the rifle then pick out the metail with silver, and graveyard earth on the shako cover, codex grey and then fortress grey on the roll onto of the rucksack,

Step nine....


















Black on the shoes and the rim of the hat, bit of red on the pom-pom bit and shoulders, blast it with gryphonne sepia and wait for it to dry

Step ten...



































pick out the white on the trousers and the straps etc.. and stick the model to a relevent base, now I've seen some people do them as individual bases but when your fielding units of 32 I've gone down the route of 4 to a base, and these guys are going to be part of the skirmish screen that each unit employs OR a small skimish unit to harass flanks etc..

Step eleven...


















base it however you like, and your sorted!














so the whole lot that I did at the same time, I've only a few infantry units left and then I can start cracking on with the Cav that I picked up last month,

Saying that I'm looking to pre-order


















so once the army deals go up on the warlord website I'll then order a small force as a bit of a starter...

I've a feeling that my "pledge" will be achieved this year but with the largest volume of figures painted that I've ever done!

No comments:

Post a Comment