Wednesday 23 January 2013

The Angels of Death, The First Founding

Ever since I picked up the Angels of Death codex back in the day..


I've always had a soft spot for Dark Angels, the background was always appealing with the Fallen and the relentless hunt for them, could that have been the first steps on my path to the chaos? Who knows!

So when the 6th Ed codex came out I picked it up to see how the Angels had changed since 2nd/3rd Ed and with Jibberjabber on  warpstoneflux.blogspot.co.uk doing a summary of each of the unit types on his blog I've been tempted with the shift back into 40K and the loyalists!

Shocking yes but when looking at what I've got I don't actually own a loyalist army for 40K its all xenos/bad guys.

So in true "Anton" fashion I've started on my Tactical marine squad from the dark vengeance box set, so a work in progress for you all,



So all I really need to do is do the plasma bits and base the unit, I'll be simply basing them the same as all my other armies as I like the mix that I use and throw some tufts in there for good measure.

If you ask any gamer who's been into 40K marines for years or even months! "what would you really like to achieve" if their as mental as me then the answer would be a company of marines, yep a 100 marines. As I first got into GW via Spacemarine I fielded companies of marines which is really easy in 6mm but could you do it in 28mm?

I've come up with my first chunk of my new army 1500 points of spearpoint.


Unit Armed with: Points



Interrogator Chaplin As per codex & Auspex 115



Tactical Squad 10 man sqd
Sarg Melta bombs
Plasma Gun & Plasma Cannon
Drop pod (deathwind)
225
Tactical Squad 10 man sqd
Sarg Melta bombs
Plasma Gun & Plasma Cannon
Drop pod (deathwind)
225
Tactical Squad 10 man sqd
Sarg Melta bombs
Flamer & Heavy Bolter
Drop pod (deathwind)
205
Tactical Squad 10 man sqd
Sarg Melta bombs
Flamer & Heavy Bolter
Drop pod (deathwind)
205



Company Vet Squad 9 man sqd
2x power weapons
1x lighting claws
Drop pod (deathwind) 
257



Assault Squad 10 man Sqd
Vet Sarg Melta bombs & power weapon
200
Ravenwing Support Tornado: Heavy bolter & Multi melta 70

I'm not sure on the weapons in the tactical squads, once they deploy from the drop pods then they'll split into combat squads for objective/cover grabbing goodness. As the heavy weapons are fairly cheap its not too much of a hassle if I don't get to shoot then every turn,

One question I have for the rules lawyers is that can you shoot through the drop pod once its deployed, and do you have to deploy all the doors?

the goal is to have a 3000 point army and judging by the first 1500 it looks like you can achieve the 6 tactical squads, 2 assault and 2 devastator squads. If its gonna be any good on the table top who knows but 4 drop pods on turn one and the rest on turn 2 onwards depending on how well your reserves rolls are, for me oozes of fluff and not a single termi is sight!

so thoughts and feelings on the Dark Angels 5th Battle company,

No comments:

Post a Comment