Tuesday 13 August 2013

Lets get ready to rumble!! Zzor dreadball ready for the League

With the Phat Cats Dreadball league starting this week and one of the requirements to have a painted team it was time to break out the ZZor bite the bullet and bang some paint on these bad boys!










not a great deal was done with these a mustard base coat, red glaze, dry brush the mustard with white added and super harsh highlight the edges, a bit of purple ink in the fleshy bits and they are good to go!

I'm sitting on the fence with these not sure if I like them but when I started to paint them I wanted them to look completely different to what I've painted previously so I did achieve that goal!

if your looking to spit tea all over your keyboard you need to check out Dan's blog ... pcdbl.blogspot.co.uk

the coach description for myself had me in laughing for a while.....

Team:  Rico's Roaches  Coach:  Anton
Urgh!  Pass me the kettle; these bastards are swarming!  It's the Zz'or!  These skittering freaks are part of season two of Dreadball and, to be honest, I'm not sure anyone has played against them at the club!  They should be one to watch though with excellent Jacks and the hardest Guard in the game.  Moreover  Anton is the godfather of Dreadball at Phatcats and his casually brutal playing style is always entertaining to watch.  Its going to take more than a can of ant powder to get rid of this lot!

2 comments:

  1. The team looks good! I like the natural muted colors. I have a Zzor team but haven't decided on a color scheme yet.

    So why is the convention of painting the front sides of the base being done? Is it that hard to tell which is the front of the model compared to the back? The board looks so nice and the clear bases allow it to be seen, I just don't understand why so many people are painting the front edges.. it makes a 'floating bar' of color that detracts from the look imo.. not so bad here with yours-the black isn't really obtrusive, but I've seen some teams with really messy splotched edges in red or yellow that doesn't look good and I'm not seeing why it'd be needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them they are starting to grow on me!

      the reason behind the painting of the front arc is due to the tackle zone/threat hex, so that my opponent can clearly see what they are as some people will choose the facings slightly differant to others, in essence its the same as painting your front arc on your warmachine models.

      Delete