Friday 13 June 2014

Here comes the WAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH.......

I'm super excited that the Ork's are so close to being released, then I saw this...


as a kit it looks ok, and price point its the usual premium GW price but I was really hoping that it would have been something more than a mini-stompa type model. A big battlewagon or bomber would have been great.

Until I get my hands on one I'll leave it there...

on the other hand you've got....



new flash gits...


 new mega armour...


new mek boys and big guns..


All courtesy of BOLS, Ork-Rumor-Roundup

now these little leaks look superb! and the bonus is that I've none of these units already so I can mull over these after they are released and see if they are worth taking, but who I kidding course they are! paint them read and its all peachy!

The way that the orks are being drip released over a number of weeks is a pain in the arse, the most important thing that is missing is the actual codex, once I have that then I'll see if the new bits are worth picking up and the like, but until then I'll sit and wait. 

As I suspected that ork's were inbound I've been chipping away at the ork's and here they are in the full glory!





its a lot of bloody models!!













so there are 6 troop choices, with 5 lots of 12 boys with choppa lead by a nob with power klaw and boss pole, and the last unit being 12 boys with shoota's and one upgraded to a big shoota,

previously in 6th Ed I'd have to go for a second force org chart but the Leicester all scars won't let you do that due to campaign & torney restrictions which I understand why as you do get some numptys who powerplay, however with 7th this is a legit force so if I wanted  even more boys or grots then I'm good to go!

If there is an addational troop choice in the new codex then I'm stuff but apart from 'ard boys I doubt it.

so onto the elites...



burner boys old school models,



Nob'z and warboss, and as there is a new warboss kit "apprently" on the way I can replace this chap or have two fighting side by side!

Then we have the transports...



now I'd like another 3 trucks really to go full kult of speed, and if the truck kit stays the same which I suspect it will then I'll grab the forge world ones for some varity.

my only fast attack slot so far...










at the moment these are the weakest selection for the fast attack choice in the ork codex, however they overide this fact with the rule of cool, and three buggies flying around the table with twin linked rockets are a constant threat to side and rear armour.

so there we have it with upgrades and the like its about 1600 points and still classed as a bound army, numbering about 94 models, all I've left really is a unit of kommandos, a converted battlewagon from about 10 odd years ago and a bomber,

I also plan to pick up the new kromlech orky looking defense line and quad shooter at some point




http://bitsofwar.com/
with these rocking it at about 55 quid it needs to be done.

Not quite the 2K that I'm aiming for but I'm sure once I've picked up some new bits this will get me past the 2K and I've 6 months left so no worries!

No comments:

Post a Comment