Sunday 27 July 2014

Warlord games day 2014

Once more the warlord games day was upon us and I wandered over with a couple of people in the form of Kris & Salma and met up with Coops whilst we were there as well.

Well it didn't bode well as we were turned away from the car park.....


it was rammed! and that was a good thing, I was spotted by a few people over the day including a very frothy Ben who I'm glad to say has the same amount of madness as myself when it comes to picking up random systems!









so the reception had a few games running as well as the designer studio guys talking people though the process of making a model and the casts as well,






the cabinets had some really cool bits in, only problem was the sun was blazing through the windows making it impossible to take deceit pictures and the backpack brigade was out in force being "special" as usual







As this was Salma's first gaming day, I made sure that the whole end to end process of model making was learnt, more to stop the moaning about prices ;)


We also dragged Salma on the workshop tour,







the day was shaping up nicely and after some shopping was time to dump the stuff in the car and get some lunch, then it was time to roll some dice!






in the end we decided to give in her Majesty's name a crack as the bolt action tables were either busy or no one around, and the judge dredd intro area was busy all day!

So I took command of the the French foreign legion and was being picked off on all three sides so gave as good as I got and made sure I took as many of them with me as possible!

so a quick wander around snapping pics of the various games that being played though out the day, 


















overall the standard of the tables was top notch and superb detail on some of them,














I spotted these on the sarrissa stand and these were really nice, loads of scope for various systems.

So my haul today consisted of the rule book and 2 supplements for in her Majesty's name, I also go to chat to the chap who wrote the rules and he was after battle reports and the like so I'll see what I can sort out for him, a box of continental infantry for muskets and tomahawks in a couple of weeks,

2 comments:

  1. ...so where are the Antares pictures :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anton,
    I remember talking to you and encouraging you to part with some hard-earned cash :)
    I shall look forwards to hearing how you get on with it.
    Cheers,
    Craig

    ReplyDelete