Saturday 11 April 2015

West Midland Miltary Modeling Show 2015

A couple of months ago I decided to nip over to the West Midlands Military show over in Wolverhampton.

the show is ran by Alumwell Wargames 

www.alumwellwargames.co.uk

I'd not been to this one before so didn't know what to expect from a trader perceptive I also decided to take the GC with me and see how the day went down, as usual I took a ton of pictures so strap in here we go!

I'll apologise in advance as I didn't take any names or clubs that produced the tables, however the stand that was at the show was brilliant, every single board I was impressed by all really well done and a great amount of effort had gone into the models and scenery.






















Isla was giving lots of "look, look" at each one!

























































The military models that the clubs had bought along were really nice, I've always been impressed with scale modellers and the work that they produce









































































this caught my eye and no not because of the phallic look! I was talking to the lads ages about 12? who were playing 40K and these are leaves from the monkey nut tree, genius idea which I'll steal!















































Isla was starting to flag at this point! 


 



 
























some bloke who stole my warzone table for the weekend!

































I was looking at these from 1st corps, a possible buy for the KOW army

















Isla liked the spartan type helmet






























refueled and good to go!





I did the dangerous thing of asking what Isla wanted and the response was Batman, which made me smile alot as I'd had the new batman miniatures rule book rock up a week of so earlier, however no one was selling knight models and whilst wandering past the northstar miniatures stand Isla spotted penguins and before I knew it they were purchased!


I did manage to pick up some models from Ironclad miniatures and these guys I'll be converting into a necromunda gang for a campaign that will be played down at the club, The chap at Iron clad also gave Isla a Victorian woman with a gun to hunt the penguins as well which was really nice of him so huge thanks!

So overall the show was far better than I expected and the amount of stuff that I spotted to buy was great, I forgot to go back to clock work miniatures and pick up some of the robot tommies which I'll grab at salute instead. If your in the area next year this is well worth a look and for a couple of quid is a great day out.

5 comments:

  1. I'm always impressed by the quality of tables at shows like this. Really looking forward to Salute this year... I just need to try and stick to a budget!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been going to wargaming shows for a fair few years now and the standard is top notch recently! As for the salute budget don't spend more than your rent morgage and you'll be fine ;)

      Delete
  2. Thats hilarious. I have had the same "thats enough now dad I want to go home OR feed me" face from my little un.

    Looked like a good day out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was an intresting test as I was unsure if I'd keep Isla amused thoughout the day, the stash of lollies did get used up though. Next time I'll bring a swag bag!

      Yep cracking day out top notch.

      Delete
  3. Splendid pictures with amazing tables, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete